Training Course with Nischala Joy Devi, June 19-24, 2018
Yogaville, Buckingham, VA
Knowledge can make you a therapist; Intuition will make you a healer. Recognizing the difference between intellectual knowledge and a deeper experiential understanding of the tools of yoga, Nischala Devi will devote this course to focusing on the primary importance of the healing relationship between student and teacher and that most essential ingredient: human connection. Through lecture, practice and discussion, we will examine techniques to enhance the individual client’s mind-body consciousness and increase awareness of your own deeper wisdom. This course will help you develop, inform and refine your intuitive skills to support healing on a deeper level.
Inner Peace is sponsoring this course at Yogaville, in Buckingham Virginia, June 19 -24, 2018. (Students arrive on June 19 and depart on June 24). Download Detailed Course Schedule.
Lodging/meals: $700 for shared accommodations, some single rooms available at $800.
Registration: This course is open to students enrolled in our 800hr certification program as well as other 200hr registered yoga teachers. Registration form below. For questions or more information please contact email@example.com.
Full course information/details below
30 hour Program
Patients are treated by prescriptions of medicine, movement or mind but they are healed
by people. The work of being a healer is a path of the heart. This course will explore the
concepts of dis-ease, healing and healers through the lens of Yogic philosophy including
the teachings of the Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita.
Through an in-depth coverage of the maya koshas, chakras, kleshas and gunas students will gain insight and understanding of the client as a multidimensional being learning how mind, emotion and body inter-relate to cause dis-ease as well as promote healing on all levels. Yoga Therapists, Yoga teachers and other healers will learn how to better serve their clients and patients as well as more effectively communicate and work with a patient’s family members and the medical community. Through expanded skills, wisdom and compassion students will be able to provide support across a broad array of situations relating to health, dis-ease.
Upon completion of this course students will:
- Know how to do a client intake with proper evaluation and assessment skills
- Develop compassionate listening, proper communication, adept observation and appropriate touch skills
- Develop necessary counseling skills and learn how to create a proper clinical environment
- Understand how to interface professionally with the medical community
- Be able to assemble and prescribe the components of an individualized holistic treatment plan including meditations, visualizations, asana, pranayama, yoga nidra, journaling and other lifestyle modifications
- Know how to form and keep appropriate boundaries and how to protect oneself from negative energies
- Addressing the Individual client as a multidimensional being
- What is Healing and Disease
- Counseling Skills. Evaluation and Assessment: Communication is the Key
- The Components of Individualized Holistic Treatment Plans
- Interfacing with the Medical Community
- Death and Dying