Level 1 Training
Foundations in Yoga Therapy
The required first course in our 800-hour accredited Yoga Therapy Certification Program. This course is designed to introduce you to the vast field of yoga therapy, overview the teachings and philosophies of the yoga tradition and their relevance and application to yoga therapy.
A flexible and immersive learning experience.
A personally and financially rewarding yoga career working in private practice or as part of a collaborative healthcare team
Guide others into deeper healing through their yoga practice.
Learn from industry leaders and gain in-depth knowledge and practical applications of yoga therapeutics.
What you'll learn
How you'll learn
All the flexibility you need in a certification program. You’ll have the convenience and accessibility to learn from home, in-person, or both.
Module # 1:
Introduction to Yoga Therapy
FACULTY: Michele Lawrence
Module # 2:
Functional Yoga TherapyTM Preparatory Skills and Tools
FACULTY: Maria Shamas
Module # 3:
Yoga for Grief Relief
FACULTY: Antonio Sausys
Module # 4:
FACULTY: Chinnamasta Stiles
Module # 5:
Yoga for Depression and Anxiety
FACULTY: Amy Weintraub
(Self paced) Pain Care Aware Foundations training.
FACULTY: Neil and Lisa Pearson
Module # 6: Yoga Therapy across the Cancer Care Continuum
FACULTY: Anne Pitman and Smitha Mallaiah
Module # 7:
The Subtle Body
FACULTY: Jessica Patterson
Module # 8:
Pain Care Aware Certificate Level: Teaching Groups
FACULTY: Neil and Lisa Pearson
Module # 9:
Yoga of Recovery
FACULTY: Durga Leela
Wrap up &
By the end of your Foundations In Yoga Therapy - Level 1 Training, you will walk away with:
...and more! Are you ready?
Hear from Inner Peace Yoga Therapy students about their experiences
What it's like to be a student at Inner Peace Yoga Therapy
Learn from a group of renowned leaders who are committed to the path of Yoga Therapy.
Practical and Integrative
Who this is for?
- Yoga teachers with at least 200 hours of training, looking to deepen their knowledge of yoga and its therapeutic applications.
- Yoga teachers who have done additional training, but feel that the training fell short.
- Yoga teachers that want to receive training in yoga therapy without committing to a full 3 year program right away.
- Yoga teachers who are dedicated to their learning and their practice.
- Yoga teachers who want to do yoga therapy training without leaving their life behind to make time for training.
- Yoga teachers who want time to integrate what they’ve learnt from each module before moving on to the next.
Who this is NOT for?
- Anyone who does not have at least a 200 hour yoga certification.
- Students who are not ready to put in the time and energy into participating in class, reading, and completing assignments.
- Someone who wants to learn every topic all at once.
- Someone who thinks getting a certification is all it takes to become a successful yoga therapist.
This is for me! I'm ready.
Your new career is in reach! Start with our
Foundations in Yoga Therapy Program
It offers 300 hours worth of yoga training, and gives you a strong understanding of how yoga can be applied in a therapeutic context. It starts you on your path to Professional Yoga Therapy Certification. And, if you are not already an RYT 500 you can achieve this designation upon completion of this Foundations course.
Take the next step in your yoga career.
Up -Front Payment of
Discount of $500
10 monthly installments of $415 USD
How to get started
Apply to Foundations in Yoga Therapy here.
What if this isn't right for me?
Receive a refund of your application deposit if you cancel 30 days or longer before the program start date. Start the program, and then decide it’s not for you?
We offer tiered refund amounts, depending on how much of the training has gone by. After 49% of the training, there will be no refunds.
Answers to the most common questions
Yes. The Pre-requisite into the program includes:
- RYT 200*
- Minimum of 1 year teaching experience and
- 1 year of yoga practice experience
- Completion of pre-reading assignments/ articles
*A 200-hour yoga teacher certification is required for participants seeking 800-hour certification with IAYT-International Association of Yoga Therapists. A 200-hour yoga teaching certification is not a prerequisite for attendance for health professionals, body-workers, and/or holistic practitioners who are not seeking IAYT certification.
The next session starts Oct 2023. You can download the complete detailed course outline for more details and the dates. Click here.
- Generally speaking, the program’s daily schedule is as follows:
- 6:30–8:30 Morning Practice
- 8:30–9:30 Break
- 9:30–1:00 Morning Class
- 1:00–2:00 Break
- 3:00–5:30 Afternoon Class
- 5:30–6:30 Daily wrap up, integration, meditation and closing
We do have an Attendance Policy.
Students must attend the entire course, arrive on time for each class, and stay until the course ends. Students who miss classes must make them up at a future date.
Email Michele Lawrence, the Program Director. We can address this on a case-by-case basis.
Important question! Tuition & Registration is : $4900 USD
Complete the application and secure your space with a $750 deposit (refundable until 30 days prior to program start.)
Payment plans are welcome and are structured as follows: After $750 deposit is paid, 10 monthly installments of $415
A deposit of $750 holds your space. (This deposit is refundable up to 30 days prior to the start of the program. Tuition balance is due 30 days prior to the start of the program unless you opt for a payment plan.
You can save $500 if you pay in full 30 days prior to the start of the training.
Want more details?
Meet our Program Director, Michele Lawrence, and watch the 30min webinar where she outlines the entire certification process.
Still have questions? Schedule a free 1:1 consult to see if our program is right for you.