200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
Embark upon a journey to deepen your practice and connection to yourself. By experiencing the system of yoga as a whole, students have the opportunity to discover more subtle dimensions of themselves inside and out. This course is relevant to anyone wishing a deeper understanding and practice of the system of yoga, even if teaching is not a goal. Topics include the following:
- What is Yoga?
- History, roots, origins, major texts, lineages.
- What is Yoga from your experience?
- The 4 Paths of Yoga: Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Raja Yoga, Jnana Yoga
- Who are we and why do we practice?
- Chit & Chitta
- The Gunas
- The Kosha Model
- The Kleshas
- How do we practice on the mat and beyond?
- The Yoga Sutras and the 8-fold Path
- The Bhagavad Gita and your true calling
- Anatomy 101
- Muscles, Bones, Joints
- Planes of Movement and anatomy in asana
- Deeper dives into various styles of practice, such as Vinyasa, Restorative, Yin, Kundalini, Yoga Therapy & Trauma-Sensitive Yoga, iRest Yoga Nidra, and more.
- Ayurveda, Yoga’s Sister Science.
- Learn basic principles and self-care practices
- Sanskrit, the language of Yoga
- Sanskrit alphabet
- Asana names
- Chanting the Yoga Sutras
- The Chakras
- Energetics & asana
- The Yoga classroom
- Becoming a Yoga Teacher
- Personal sadhana
- Ethical principles
- Business & marketing 101
- Student teaching/practicum
- The Secret Power of Yoga by Nischala Joy Devi
- The Great Work of your Life by Stephen Cope
- Light on Life by BKS Iyengar
Lead faculty: Michele Lawrence, ERYT500, C-IAYT with various guest teachers.
Schedule: Coming to Durango in 2019. Dates coming soon!
Tuition: A $500.00 deposit is due with your completed application.
A balance of $2000 is due if paid in full prior to the start of the training.
Or a balance of $2200 if paid in 4 installment of $550.
Certification: This program is registered with the Yoga Alliance.
Registration: Register via our online application.
IAYT-Accredited Therapeutic Yoga School
🕉 New Haven