Navigating the Therapeutic Relationship
To fulfill these course hours and competencies, students choose one of the following two options.
Option A) Healing Relationships Online / Virtual Training Course with Nischala Joy Devi, Michele Lawrence & Lisa Pearson ~ May/June 2021
This course will combine recorded teachings from Nischala Joy Devi with a live virtual component facilitated by Michele Lawrence and Lisa Pearson. Students can watch the recorded teachings at their own pace and then meet live for the virtual didactic component on four Wednesday evenings: May 19, 26, June 2, June 9, 2021; 5:00-7:00 MT.
Option B) Live, in-person training with Michele Lawrence & Lisa Pearson October 29-Nov 2, 2021
This course, facilitated by Michele Lawrence & Lisa Pearson will meet live in person at the Mount Madonna Center in California, October 29 – November 2, 2021.
Tuition (for either option): $500.
Room & board extra for in-person training. Details coming soon.
Registration: This course is open to students enrolled in our 800hr certification program or other accredited 800 hr yoga therapy certification programs.
- Register here for online/virtual training (May 2021).
- Register here for in-person training (Oct 2021).
Full course information/details below
35 hour Program
Patients are treated by prescriptions of medicine, movement or mind but they are healed by people. The work of being a healer is a path of the heart. This course will explore the concepts of dis-ease, healing and healers through the lens of Yogic philosophy including the teachings of the Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita.
Through an in-depth coverage of the maya koshas, chakras, kleshas and gunas students will gain insight and understanding of the client as a multidimensional being learning how mind, emotion and body inter-relate to cause dis-ease as well as promote healing on all levels. Yoga Therapists, Yoga teachers and other healers will learn how to better serve their clients and patients as well as more effectively communicate and work with a patient’s family members and the medical community. Through expanded skills, wisdom and compassion students will be able to provide support across a broad array of situations relating to health, dis-ease.
Upon completion of this course students will:
- Know how to do a client intake with proper evaluation and assessment skills
- Develop compassionate listening, proper communication, adept observation and appropriate touch skills
- Develop necessary counseling skills and learn how to create a proper clinical environment
- Understand how to interface professionally with the medical community
- Be able to assemble and prescribe the components of an individualized holistic treatment plan including meditations, visualizations, asana, pranayama, yoga nidra, journaling and other lifestyle modifications
- Know how to form and keep appropriate boundaries and how to protect oneself from negative energies
- Addressing the Individual client as a multidimensional being
- What is Healing and Disease
- Counseling Skills. Evaluation and Assessment: Communication is the Key
- The Components of Individualized Holistic Treatment Plans
- Interfacing with the Medical Community
- Death and Dying