Virtual /Online Training Course with Nischala Joy Devi,
September 12-18, 2020
Knowledge can make you a therapist; Intuition will make you a healer. Recognizing the difference between intellectual knowledge and a deeper experiential understanding of the tools of yoga, Nischala Devi will devote this course to focusing on the primary importance of the healing relationship between student and teacher and that most essential ingredient: human connection. Through lecture, practice and discussion, we will examine techniques to enhance the individual client’s mind-body consciousness and increase awareness of your own deeper wisdom. This course will help you develop, inform and refine your intuitive skills to support healing on a deeper level.
This course, originally scheduled to be offered residentially at Yogaville, VA is now being offered virtually due to COVID-19. The course will meet online six hours per day (9am – 4 pm Pacific time with a 1 hour lunch) for 5 non-consecutive days September 12-13 and then Sept 16-18.
Registration: This course is open to students enrolled in our 800hr certification program or other accredited 800 hr yoga therapy certification programs. While being offered virtually, limited space is available. To register, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full course information/details below
30 hour Program
Patients are treated by prescriptions of medicine, movement or mind but they are healed by people. The work of being a healer is a path of the heart. This course will explore the concepts of dis-ease, healing and healers through the lens of Yogic philosophy including the teachings of the Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita.
Through an in-depth coverage of the maya koshas, chakras, kleshas and gunas students will gain insight and understanding of the client as a multidimensional being learning how mind, emotion and body inter-relate to cause dis-ease as well as promote healing on all levels. Yoga Therapists, Yoga teachers and other healers will learn how to better serve their clients and patients as well as more effectively communicate and work with a patient’s family members and the medical community. Through expanded skills, wisdom and compassion students will be able to provide support across a broad array of situations relating to health, dis-ease.
Upon completion of this course students will:
- Know how to do a client intake with proper evaluation and assessment skills
- Develop compassionate listening, proper communication, adept observation and appropriate touch skills
- Develop necessary counseling skills and learn how to create a proper clinical environment
- Understand how to interface professionally with the medical community
- Be able to assemble and prescribe the components of an individualized holistic treatment plan including meditations, visualizations, asana, pranayama, yoga nidra, journaling and other lifestyle modifications
- Know how to form and keep appropriate boundaries and how to protect oneself from negative energies
- Addressing the Individual client as a multidimensional being
- What is Healing and Disease
- Counseling Skills. Evaluation and Assessment: Communication is the Key
- The Components of Individualized Holistic Treatment Plans
- Interfacing with the Medical Community
- Death and Dying
*Those who wish to take this course next year (October 2-6, 2021) may elect to take the course through Soul of Yoga in Encintas, CA. Register directly through Soul of Yoga.